Sunday 13 January 2013

Papercuts

Yesterday while Mr Man got on with some DIY I took both littlies out to Manchester Art Gallery.  I had spotted they had a exhibition of papercuts and was keen to see it before it finished at the end of January.  It was really amazing, anyone near enough to go should pay it a visit.  I tried to take a few photos but with two small children with very short attention spans (plus the very real possibility of someone falling into/touching the exhibits) I wasn't able to get any good pictures, or spend as much time as I would have liked looking at the work but the bits I managed to get a peek of were fab.  The Rob Ryan piece was my favourite, Map of My Entire Life.  How does someone have the skill and patience to cut something like that from paper, quite amazing.

Mr T made a few people chuckle when he noticed the paper life sized model of a motorbike and remarked (loudly for an art gallery) "Thats more my type of thing!".  We had a quick dash around and finished up in the cafe before heading back on tram and train so it really was a day with something for everyone (except poor Mr Man who spent the day sanding and visiting IKEA!)

Here are a few pictures on flickr from the exhibition, inc the Rob Ryan work and Mr T's fave motorbike!

No comments:

Post a Comment