Sunday 1 September 2013

Crosby

I have always wanted to go to Crosby and see Antony Gormley's Another Place and over the August bank holiday we finally made it.  It was an stright forward drive and much easier to park and access than Formby where we have tended to go for the seaside before now.  

The beach was really lovely, the kids enjoyed the big pools and I managed a full hour of uninterrupted magazine reading!  It was really sunny but windy.  Miss E and I came home with wild woman hair and both children had to be carried straight from doorstep to the bath so I could shower off all the sand they had brought home with them!  Hopefully we may get treated to an Indian Summer so we can go and paddle again although I am sure we will be spending some autumn days with bikes and woolies enjoying the sea with a flask of hot chocolate and a piece of cake.




1 comment:

  1. How interesting - I bet they look incredible there. We used to live near a place which had one of Gormley's sculptures - Firmament - I loved it. Hope we get the Indian summer too - could do with a couple more weeks of sun xx

    ReplyDelete