Wednesday 2 April 2014

A New Book and a Delicious Curry

Recently I was gifted this brilliant book.  I have been a fan of the Girl Called Jack website for a while now.  Many of her recipes have become family favourites and my lovely Mum treated me to the book a few weeks ago.  The timing was great as the maintenance payments we have been receiving since my split have been cut again without any warning so I have been looking at ways I can make our already tight food budget go a bit further.

The first meal I cooked were the falafels which were great.  I love falafels and these work really well, just wish I had had pittas and some chilli sauce and salad to accompany them.  Our second recipe was the peach and chickpea curry.  It was really delicious, seconds and thirds were enjoyed and I even managed to squirrel a little bit to have for my lunch the next day.



I didn't use any chilli as the small people aren't keen on anything too spicy and instead of the cumin I substituted curry powder.  I always kill of coriander if I try and grow it so I missed that out too, along with the stock cube as I figured with the curry powder it would have enough flavour and I was right.

Has anyone else got the book?  Which recipes have you tried?  How did they work out?

No comments:

Post a Comment