Tuesday 4 September 2012

A Surprise Project and New Wool

So today I had a first go at pattern designing!  I found the designing part quite easy but writing down the pattern was another matter.  I had an idea of a new hat design to sell in The Yarn Owl's Nest but couldn't find a pattern that I loved online so I decided to try my hand at designing my own.  I'm really please with how its working out but the embellishments are pretty time consuming and fiddly so I think it'll be a while before I make any to sell.  In the meantime I hope to bring you the pattern on here once I've written it in a way it makes sense to someone other than myself!


At the end of last week I had my first custom order.  The yarn arrived over the weekend so I got started after I unpacked (and photographed the yarn!!)





These three were extra colours I had fallen in love with and are waiting to be knitted into mittens.



And here is the beginnings of my first order!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment