Wednesday 12 September 2012

Milo Armadillo

One my post the other day about Miss E's love of pink you may have spotted this little guy.

His name is Milo Armadillo and I knitted him as a gift last Christmas for Miss E after she (and I) fell in love with this book.


 The pattern for him is actually inside the book.  I used self striping yarn for his shell as I couldn't face the hundreds of ends individual stripes would create, and I left out the embroidery as I had left him a bit late to make.

The book is lovely, all about a little girl who wants a pink fluffy rabbit for her birthday.  No one can find her one so her Gran decides to knit one but he doesn't turn out quite as planned. The illustrations are a mix of drawing and collage with knitting featuring a lot!!



Its a really lovely story and Miss E loves it as much as I do!


 Here is my Milo on Ravelry

The pattern is available for free on the Walker Books website.




No comments:

Post a Comment