Thursday 20 February 2014

Life skills

I grew up in a home where home cooked food was the norm and that's what I aim for with my own family.  Now that Mr T is old enough to get more involved in the serious job of cooking meals we have started doing a bit of cooking together.  I have always baked all sorts of goodies with the children but now we have upped the challenge and I have been helping Tom to cook some of his favourite meals as well as attempting some new ones.  Excuse the over crowded kitchen, we tend to cook together on the "big shop" day when our weekly food arrives so it is a day of plenty!

Jamie Oliver's Beef and Ale Stew




Cheese and Onion Pie




 Vegetable Pasta (with squeaky beans!)




 Cauli Cheese and jacket potatoes




Leek and Potato Soup


Working on compiling the cookbook is providing lots of literacy work including sequencing, handwriting and learning about instructions and non-fiction writing in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment