Wednesday 13 August 2014

Mystery Knit A Long

One of my favourite knitting designers is running a mystery knit a long at the moment.  Basically you sign up and get sent a small part of the pattern each day or so.  Along with lots of other knitters you all knit up the pattern without really knowing what it is you are knitting.  Melody, of Melody's Makings has designed some really lovely baby hats and other baby bits and pieces ideal for photo props so I figured I would join in with this one as a bit of fun and hopefully I may get a new item for the shop out of it.

The first part of the pattern arrived in my inbox late last night and I couldn't resist getting started.  I had hoped to work the pattern in two different shades of green but I couldn't find just the right yarn so have gone with two shades of blue.

I have been a bit naughty and not checked my gauge properly as I didn't have the correct needles but figured if I do the smallest size if it turns out any bigger it won't be a problem as it will just end up being 3 months instead of newborn.

Well here it is so far, we have wondered whether it is a hat, or maybe a pair of trousers with braces?!  I guess I will just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment