Saturday 13 April 2013

A New Variation

I was contacted the other day by a lovely fellow crafter (she makes lovely crochet slippers, see her Facebook page here.) who wanted some mittens for her children.  For her youngest she asked if I could do  full mittens without a thumb.  After searching for a long time for an idea of the hand size of a one year old  here is the first of the pair.  I am really pleased with it.  The colours are fab, remind me of a clear sunny morning in late spring when all the fresh new leaves are just opening on the trees and are still that really bright green.  I also loved knitting them because I didn't have to do all that "slip thumb stitches onto a stitch holder", "pick up and knit" etc and of course less ends to sew in afterwards!



No comments:

Post a Comment